Brisbane Bus Accident Attorneys
Brisbane Bus Accident Attorneys
Have you or a loved one been injured in a bus accident? If so, you might be entitled to recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and other accident-related expenses. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Brisbane bus accident attorneys are here to help. Throughout the years, we have represented thousands of clients and won numerous six and seven-figure settlements and verdicts, a portion of which have been in bus accident cases.
Types of Bus Accident Cases We Handle
Depending on the type of bus, what caused the accident, and the extent of your injuries, our personal injury lawyers will employ different tactics in building your case and pursuing compensation. Our bus accident lawyers understand the laws binding bus drivers across industries and handle the following types of cases:
- Bus accidents involving public buses
- Bus accidents involving school buses
- Airport shuttle accidents
- Tour bus accidents
- Bus accidents involving drowsy, distracted, or impaired bus drivers
- Bus accidents caused by mechanical failures
- Bus accidents involving pedestrians
- Bus accidents caused by poor road conditions
- Bus accidents resulting in wrongful death
Who Is Responsible for a Bus Accident?
After suffering injuries in a bus accident, you will naturally want to know who is going to be held responsible. Who is liable for your injuries, and who is going to pay for them? Several parties could be responsible for the accident, including:
- The bus company
- A government agency
- The individual owner of the bus
- A school board
- The bus manufacturer or retailer
- The bus driver
- A bus passenger
- The negligent driver of a vehicle
To determine what happened and who is responsible, we will obtain and review the police report and eyewitness accounts. Then, we will speak with other passengers, pedestrians, or other motorists who were involved in the accident or who saw it happen. Finally, we will look for photos and videos of the crash. If we are not able to reach a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company, we will file a lawsuit against the parties to gain more evidence. Through the discovery process, we can access bus company records and depose the bus drivers and individuals. Once we have gathered and reviewed all of the possible evidence, we will confirm the liable party and vigorously pursue full and fair compensation for your injuries.
Questions Your Attorney May Ask You after A Bus Accident
The first time you sit down with us, we will ask you a series of questions to better understand the circumstances surrounding your accident. Some of these questions include:
- How, when, and where the accident occurred
- What injuries you suffered, your treatment thus far, and your prognosis
- Whether you spoke to anyone about the accident and if so, with whom you spoke
- How much work you’ve missed due to your injuries
- What accident-related expenses you’ve incurred
- Whether you’ve posted about your accident on social media
- Whether you collected contact information for any eyewitnesses
Discuss Your Claim with A Brisbane Bus Accident Lawyer!
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury from a bus accident, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We have decades of collective experience representing accident victims in negotiations with large motor carriers and their insurance companies and are equipped to help you pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment.