When you are seriously injured or lose a family member due to another person's negligence, you deserve the best representation available. Our Redwood City personal injury lawyers are truly in a league of their own—with more than $300 million recovered for clients. We attribute our track record of success to the time, effort, and resources our attorneys invest in every case, no matter how big or small. Unlike other law firms that are overscheduled, we limit our caseload so each of our clients receives the personalized attention they deserve. You can reach our office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-GO-HARRIS. All initial consultations are free, and we accept cases on a contingency fee basis.
Types of Cases Our Personal Injury Lawyers Handle in Redwood City:
- Car Accidents
- Motorbike Accidents
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Train Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Premises Liability Cases
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Airplane Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Turo Accidents
- Spinal Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Severe Burn Injuries
- Wrongful Death Cases
- Other Personal Injuries
What Should I Do After a Personal Injury or Wrongful Death in the Family?
Suffering an injury or losing a loved one in a sudden accident is always tragic. With so much on your plate, it’s easy for filing a claim to become an afterthought. It’s important, however, to remember that the insurance company will be looking for reasons to challenge your claim, so you must be careful about what you say and do. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Gather Evidence: You will need strong evidence to prove liability and damages. The types of evidence that will contribute to your claim will depend on the facts of your case. But generally speaking, you should bring any of the following evidence, if available, to your initial consultation with a Redwood City personal injury attorney: photos of injuries and property damage, your written account of what happened, the police and/or incident report, eyewitness contact information, statements from eyewitnesses, invoices and estimates for medical treatment and property repairs, paystubs, recent tax returns, and a list of expenses you have incurred due to your injury or loss.
- See a Doctor: After suffering an injury, your top priority should be to seek medical care. Getting a prompt diagnosis and treatment can show the insurance company that you have taken the necessary steps to mitigate your damages.
- Stay off Social Media: Don’t post anything on social media about your injuries, recovery, or case. In fact, your Redwood City personal injury lawyer might advise you to disable your accounts temporarily.
- Don’t Provide a Recorded Statement: This might not be a criminal investigation, but anything you say or do might still be used against you if the insurance company finds a reason to dispute your claim. If you provide a recorded statement, it might be misrepresented by the claims adjuster to challenge your case.
- Speak to an Attorney: If your financial security is at stake due to a sudden injury or death in the family, it’s important that you do everything in your power to protect your future. The Redwood City personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can answer any questions you have about California tort law and your case in particular. We offer free consultations, and you won’t have to pay any legal fees unless we win.
We Don’t Settle for Less Than What You Deserve
There are all sorts of strategies the insurance company might use to get you to accept less money. They might argue that you were partially at fault or that your injuries are not as severe as you are claiming. It is not uncommon for insurance adjusters to misrepresent recorded statements or to put a claimant under surveillance to find evidence of fraud. The insurance company might even try to delay the proceedings so your expenses will mount, making you more inclined to settle. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are well-versed in the tactics insurance providers use to protect their bottom line. We will help you stay one step ahead and avoid making critical mistakes that would harm your case. Our attorneys can calculate your damages so you know what a fair settlement might look like, and we will use all the resources at our disposal to fight for the result you deserve.
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation with a Redwood City Personal Injury Lawyer
You shouldn't have to fall into debt due to another person's negligence or intentional wrongdoing. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are passionate about helping accident victims pursue the compensation they need to put the pieces back together. You can reach us anytime, day or night, at 1-800-GO-HARRIS. Your initial consultation is free of charge. You can also send us a message on our contact page.