Union City Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Millions of people in the United States visit emergency rooms every year after vehicle collisions, slips and falls, and other unexpected accidents. If you or someone you love was hurt due to another person’s negligence, the Union City personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you need to cover lost income, healthcare bills, and any other damages you have incurred.
It is not uncommon for accident victims to accept settlements that are far less than they deserve. Don’t make this mistake. Our seasoned personal injury lawyers can ensure you aren’t coerced into accepting a low payout, and if the opposing party refuses to cooperate, we have the trial experience to represent your interests in court.
Your initial consultation is free of charge, and if we don’t win, you won’t pay any legal fees. To schedule a case review, call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Accident Injury Cases We Handle in Union City, California
- Slips and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Auto Collisions
- Dog Bites
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCIs)
- Burn Injuries
- Turo Vehicle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Aircraft Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
What Will Happen During My Initial Consultation?
One of the biggest mistakes a personal injury claimant can make is putting off the initial consultation with an attorney. We understand how intimidating it can be to enter into legal proceedings when you have so much on your plate, but the longer you wait, the more challenging it may be to gather evidence. There are also strict deadlines for filing tort lawsuits.
Your initial consultation is a chance for you to find out if the prospective lawyer has the experience and resources to take on your case. It’s also an opportunity for you to learn about the claims process and get answers to your questions, which can reduce any anxiety you are feeling about the proceedings.
During your first meeting with a Union City personal injury attorney, you will be asked a series of questions about your accident and injury.
The following questions are intended to help your lawyer determine if your case has merit, how to approach the investigation, and whether a dispute is likely:
- Did police attend the scene? Did they create an accident report? Did they perform any chemical tests?
- Do you think anyone saw the incident? Did you record their contact information?
- Did you notice any surveillance cameras in the vicinity?
- Have you already reported the incident to the insurance company? Has the claims adjuster reached out to you for a statement? Did you provide one?
- Do you remember what you were doing in the moments before the incident? Is there any reason why you might be partially to blame?
- Have you already visited a doctor for a medical evaluation? How much time passed between your injury and the evaluation? What were your diagnosis and prognosis?
- Are you currently employed? Have the injuries prevented you from returning to work?
- What types of insurance do you carry?
- Have you posted anything about your accident, injuries, or claim on social media?
- Have the injuries affected your ability to participate in the activities you usually enjoy?
- How have the injuries affected your relationships with loved ones?
Upon answering these questions, your Union City personal injury attorney will provide a brief synopsis of the potential strengths and weaknesses of your case, as well as potential outcomes based on the information you have provided. Of course, your lawyer will have a much better idea of how your claim might play out after performing a thorough investigation.
To ensure this investigation gets off to a strong start, try to bring the following to your consultation:
- Your most recent income tax returns;
- Photos of your injuries and the accident scene;
- Relevant insurance policies;
- Contact details of other people involved;
- The police report;
- Receipts and invoices for any accident-related expenses you have incurred; and
- Medical documentation.
How Long Will It Take to Resolve My Case?
There’s no universal answer to this question since every claim is different. The amount of time it will take to resolve your case depends on several factors including:
- Whether everyone involved in the accident agrees on the relevant facts;
- The strength of the available evidence;
- The amount of compensation you are seeking;
- How long it will take your injuries to heal;
- Whether the claims adjuster is willing to cooperate;
- The number of defendants; and
- Whether there are any complications that lead to a liability or damages dispute.
Contact Our Injury Attorneys in Union City for FREE
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is available 24/7 to take your call. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our online contact form to schedule a free initial consultation.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|