Murrieta Slip and Fall Attorneys
Murrieta Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slip and fall injuries send millions of people to emergency rooms and urgent care facilities every year. For victims, the cost of medical care alone can easily reach tens of thousands of dollars, and many prove unable to earn an income while they recover from their injuries. The Murrieta slip and fall attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers understand how devastating these injuries can be. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, we are here to help you pursue the compensation you need to heal, recover, and regain your financial footing. Our attorneys have many decades of combined experience representing clients in catastrophic injury cases, including slip and fall accidents. We have the resources to take on even the largest corporations and insurance companies and are unafraid to take a case to court. To discuss your case in a free, no-obligation consultation, dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS today. Someone is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call, and we will come to you if you are unable to travel.
Types of Claims We Handle
- Weather-related slip and falls
- Poolside slip and falls
- Outdoor slip and falls
- Indoor slip and falls
- Falls caused by freshly mopped floors without associated warning signs
- Slip and falls caused by spilled liquids
- Falls due to a lack of adequate handrails on a stairwell
- Falls on public walkways and parking lots
- Slip and falls on public property
- Slip and falls on commercial premises
- Slip and falls on residential premises
Gathering Evidence for Your Slip and Fall Case
Property owners in California have a duty to keep their premises in a reasonably safe condition. If they fail to perform adequate maintenance or warn guests about hazardous conditions, they may be held liable for any damages that result. As a slip and fall victim, it is your task to show this neglect and failure through concrete evidence. Unfortunately, the evidence needed to prove liability and damages in slip and fall cases is often time-sensitive. That means you must contact a slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible to launch an immediate investigation. Below are a few types of evidence that might help your attorney prove liability:
- Surveillance recordings of your accident;
- Eyewitness testimony;
- Records of past injuries that occurred on the same property;
- Photographs of the hazard that caused your injuries;
- Property maintenance records; and
- The police and incident reports.
After demonstrating the defendant is liable for your damages, your slip and fall lawyer must prove the types of damages you incurred and their value. In the state of California, personal injury claimants may be able to pursue compensation for:
- Healthcare expenses;
- Lost income and loss of future earnings;
- Home care, childcare, and other objectively verifiable costs arising from the injuries;
- Emotional distress;
- Loss of consortium;
- Loss of enjoyment in life; and
- Pain and suffering.
If the defendant’s behavior was fraudulent, oppressive, or malicious—which is rare in premises liability cases—punitive damages may also be awarded. These are intended to punish the defendant and to prevent similar misconduct in the future.
Discuss Your Case with a Murrieta Slip and Fall Attorney Today!
If you have suffered an injury due to another person’s negligence, you can confidently turn to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We will answer your questions, ensure you understand your rights, and devise a strategy to approach the claims process. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review. We look forward to your call.