San Marcos Bus Accident Attorneys
San Marcos Bus Accident Attorneys
Bus accidents may seem straightforward – It was the bus driver’s fault, right? However, as with most legal issues, nuances apply. Many different parties may be responsible for the accident – and the makeup of the parties will largely determine your case strategy. As such, it’s best to seek legal help sooner than later if you want to recover damages for your accident-related injuries. If you or a loved one have been injured in a bus accident, our San Marcos bus accident lawyers can help. We’ve represented thousands of clients and won six and seven-figure settlements and verdicts, a portion of which have been in bus accident cases, and our team can come to you if you are unable to travel. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a complimentary case review today.
Who is Liable for My Injuries in A Bus Accident?
Under California law, multiple parties may be liable for your injuries. These parties may share a portion of the bus driver’s fault. These parties may include (among others):
- The transit company: If an investigation reveals that the transit company failed to take necessary steps to ensure the bus was safely maintained, you may be able to bring a claim against it.
- Manufacturers: A mechanical part – like a defective engine – may be responsible for the accident. If so, you may be able to bring a claim against the entity that manufactured, designed, or distributed that bus part.
- Other drivers on the public roads: You may be able to sue another driver who caused an accident by running a red light, failing to yield, rear-ending the bus, or otherwise driving negligently.
Questions Your Bus Accident Attorney May Ask You
The specific questions your lawyer asks you will depend upon the unique facts of your case. However, generally, you should be prepared to answer the following:
- How, when, and where did the accident occur?
- What types of injuries did you sustain?
- Have you sought treatment for your injuries? If so, what?
- What is your prognosis?
- Has anyone involved in the accident contacted you? Did you provide any statements?
- Who witnessed the accident?
- Have you been able to work since your accident?
- What accident-related expenses have you incurred?
- Have you posted about your accident or injuries on social media?
- Did you take any photos of the accident scene? Of your injuries?
Valuing Your Bus Accident Claim
Numerous factors will determine the monetary value of your claim, including the following:
- The cost of your medical care
- The severity and permanence of your injuries
- Whether you sustained scarring or disfigurement
- The amount of income you lost due to your injuries
- Whether your injuries will likely impact your future earning potential
- The cost of property damage you sustained in the accident
- Whether you incurred other necessary costs due to your injuries, including transportation, childcare, domestic help, and modifications to your home post-accident
- The extent to which your injury affected your social life, family relationships, and general well-being
- Whether you contributed to your accident in any way and if so, to what extent
Experienced Bus Accident Lawyers on Your Side
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury from a bus accident, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our San Marcos bus accident attorneys have decades of collective experience representing accident victims in negotiations with large motor carriers and their insurance companies. We are here to help you pursue compensation for your injuries and losses so that you can be made whole. To get started today, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a complimentary case review.