Visalia Slip and Fall Attorneys
Visalia Slip and Fall Attorneys
We know how much a slip and fall injury can impact your life. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are experienced litigators who know what it takes to pursue compensation for our slip and fall clients. Throughout the years, more than 5,000 victims have turned to us for guidance. We have earned hundreds of five-star reviews on Google for our aggressive, effective legal services. Call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to speak with someone on our team.
Types of Slip and Fall Claims We Handle
- Weather-related slip and falls
- Poolside slip and falls
- Outdoor slip and falls
- Indoor slip and falls
- Falls caused by freshly mopped floors without associated warning signs
- Slip and falls caused by spilled liquids
- Falls due to a lack of adequate handrails on a stairwell
- Falls on public walkways and parking lots
- Slip and falls on public property
- Slip and falls on commercial premises
- Slip and falls on residential premises
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, act quickly before critical evidence vanishes or is removed from the scene. After a fall, consider doing the following:
- Inform the property owner – or manager of the premises – of the fall.
- Complete an incident report.
- Contact the police.
- Take photos and videos of the scene.
- Record the names and contact information of the property owner, tenant, or manager on-site, as well as any eyewitnesses to the fall.
- Seek medical treatment.
Because key evidence can be erased or forgotten, it is critical to gather as much information as possible at the accident scene while keeping the victim safe and comfortable. In addition to gathering this information on your own, however, be sure to contact a personal injury attorney to help you preserve your claim and to thoroughly investigate the incident.
Pursuing Compensation for Your Slip and Fall Accident
After a serious accident, a personal injury lawyer may recommend filing an action known as a “premises liability” lawsuit. This is a legal proceeding against the owner or manager of a property. Through the process, we will gather additional evidence in the form of business records, including whether – and how often – a site has been inspected, cleaned, or repaired. We will also collect records regarding whether similar incidents have occurred on the premises. The goal is to prove that the property was in an unreasonably dangerous condition at the time of your accident and that the property owner or manager was negligent in failing to keep it safe. Through the legal process, our lawyers will pursue compensation for your:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Reduced or lost earning capacity
- Reduced quality of life
Discuss Your Case with a Slip and Fall Attorney
If you’ve suffered an injury due to another person’s negligence, reach out to us. We can handle each step of your case, from gathering evidence to negotiating with an insurance carrier on your behalf. If necessary, we will vigorously represent your interests in court. If you cannot make it to our office for an initial free consultation, we will come to you. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review.